Mezzo® Energy-Efficient Vinyl Windows
Vinyl Windows . . . Redefined
Mezzo® Windows from Alside feature a thermally optimized narrowline frame and sash with a dual-pane insulated glass solution designed to meet stringent ENERGY STAR® requirements. The elegant narrowline construction ensures maximum daylight visibility while advanced technological reinforcements deliver dependable strength while minimizing energy transfer.
Features and Benefits
- Mezzo Full-Frame Replacement System delivers superior performance with consistent, aesthetically pleasing exterior trim.
- The EdgeForce low-profile frame and sash creates an expanded glass area while internal chambers increase structural integrity, rigidity and energy efficiency.
- The Ocular screen bulb seal eliminates light penetration between the screen and frame and aids in easy screen installation and removal.
- CoreFX composite reinforcement helps reduce the transfer of energy while strengthening meeting rails and allowing for secure mounting of hardware.
- Defense-Tek end-of-throw cam shift locking action delivers increased strength and protection.
- Forecaster quickly directs water runoff, keeping the exterior of the window clean and attractive.
- The HP3 telescoping sill dam delivers protection from air and water infiltration, increases structural stability and enhances beauty.
- Gatekeeper interlocking sash-to-sill technology delivers a unified wall of strength.
Insulating Glass Packages
Reducing energy loss is often the number one reason for purchasing replacement windows. Windows are roughly 80% glass, so it’s important to choose the ideal glass system for your home and climate. Upgrading to a high-performance Low-E (low-emissivity) insulated glass package will help further increase year-round energy savings.
Mezzo offers free families of high-performance insulated glass packages:
- ClimaTech – combines insulating Low-E glass, argon gas and the Intercept Warm-Edge Spacer System.
- ClimaTech ThermD – features insulating Low-E glass, argon gas and a Stainless Steel Intercept Warm-Edge Spacer System.
- ClimaTech Plus – combines our Foam Spacer System with a glass unit of UV-filtering Low-E (low-emissivity) glass and argon gas.
- Consult your window professional for the optimal glass package required for your home and climate zone.
Cavity Foam Insulation
Mezzo Windows with enhanced cavity foam insulation are different than other windows. The silver-gray foam insulation provides greater thermal protection to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer with less energy spending.
- The foam incorporates high-purity graphite granules into the expanded polystyrene (EPS) raw material.
- Each polystyrene granule contains graphite, giving it a silver-gray color and increasing its insulating performance above conventional EPS foam insulation.
- The carbonized foam material reﬂects radiant heat, lowers the thermal conductivity and improves the insulation capacity.
- Select chambers of the window are thermally enhanced with the precision-contoured foam liners to increase energy efﬁciency and achieve a lower U-factor.
- U-Factor represents the window’s resistance to heat ﬂow and energy loss–the lower the U-Factor, the greater the energy savings.
- Available in single-hung, double-hung, sliding and picture windows.
High Performance Sliding Window
Precision-engineered to meet the challenging demands of intense wind and rain, Mezzo 3002 HP Sliding Windows are an excellent choice for coastal regions or areas with severe weather. The high-performance construction combines Mezzo’s clean-lined aesthetics with heavy-duty structural upgrades to provide superior strength and durability – as well as peace of mind that your home is protected with a powerful shield.
- Mezzo 3002 HP Sliding Windows meet or exceed Performance Grade (PG) 50 requirements for resistance to air pressure, water penetration and structural load – creating a highly effective barrier in areas that experience severe rainstorms and harsh coastal climate conditions. The higher the PG rating, the better the window will perform.
- An extruded aluminum roller track, instead of a standard vinyl track insert, delivers higher water resistance
- Two new steel reinforcements in the lock and keeper stiles and reinforced rails increase structural integrity to limit the deflection under load.
- A metal block has been added to the head, and metal slide brackets have been added to the top and bottom of the sashes. The metal brackets on the sashes engage the metal block in the head and the aluminum roller track in the sill – resulting in a higher windload rating. Sashes do not lift out for easy cleaning.
- A recessed lock will be standard.
- Two panes of heavy-duty 5 mm (13/64″) glass in the insulated glass unit increases durability and energy efficiency, with an overall IGU thickness of 3/4″.
- Available in the Box/Replacement frame only; nail fin frame options and vent latches are not available on the 3002 HP.
What our customers have to say about Renew Home Exteriors
The Renew Home Exteriors team was incredibly easy to work with! Everything was a breeze from the time they gave the quote until the job was completed! We had a new roof and new gutters installed and I was in shock with how quickly they worked! The roof was done in 1 day and the gutters were taken care of 2 days later. What an improvement to the exterior of our house! Thank you RHE! We can hardly wait to have you come back out and do our siding as well!
Renew did an excellent job of replacing our 30+ year old roof. Everyone we spoke with prior, during and after the job was kind mannered and prompt with their communication. The quality of their work is second to none. We highly recommend Renew to anyone for their next roof or siding job as it will be done with high quality and integrity.
Renew Home Exteriors was unbelievable throughout the entire process from estimate to installation. They made a stressful process as relaxing as they good. It was very refreshing. They were very upfront and honest. Communication was exceptional throughout entire process. The crews they sent out were very professional, courteous and efficient. Very hard workers. All very detailed and went beyond. Everyone I had contact with were great. I would highly recommend them for all your home improvement needs. They transformed our ugly home into something we can be proud of now.